Happy New Year!
So it has become somewhat of a tradition in the Smith household to spend New Year's Eve sick - it started maybe7 or 8 years ago? (Interestingly enough, it never happened when we still lived in stumbling distance of two bars, only when we moved out to the "suburbs". Hmm.....). This year (or last year, I should say) was no exception. I have been sick in the bed since Friday with a sinus infection, and Carl has been playing Mr. Mom rather well, even as he was fighting a cold.
Well, last night, around 11:45 or so, Kali came into the room and said she needed to throw up. (She has had a cough for the last few days, and I think all that coughing made her sick.) Anyway, Super Mom sprang into action, and took her into the bathroom and held her hair back. I even let her rest on my knees while she got sick. I'll spare you the details, but we were in there for a while. Meanwhile, in the distance, I heard the snapping and banging of the fireworks, and realized Kali had just become a part of our tradition - not only being sick on New Year's, but actually being sick at the stroke of midnight. (this is one aspect of it that I truly hope does not continue into next year!)
She settled down into our bed with some honey and lemon tea to help her cough and watched my sick tv guilty viewing pleasure, Ace of Cakes. Kali really wants one of his cakes - this guy is amazing!
At least this morning I am back to the land of the living. Carl is still asleep, and the girls are watching tv. All, for now, is normal in the Smith Family

Oh goodness what a way to ring in the New Year! Hope you all get over the sickies and start feeling great! :-) Happy New Year! :-)