Sunday, January 21, 2007
The 10 Year Gap

So, we just got back from a launch party for a new website. Sounds exciting, right? Carl told me about it two weeks ago, and my first question was, "Was it dressy?" His response - nope it's casual. So I spent a minimal amount of time getting ready, realizing I would know absolutely no one at this party. So we get in the car, follow our Google Map directions, and end up at a house with no house lights on, and about 15 cars parked in the driveway. We walk up to the door and Carl rings the bell. No answer, so we walk on in - calling out Hello! (I am convinced at this point that we have the wrong hosue) We walk past the guy playing a video game, still no answer. It wasn't until I saw the 8 bottles of liquor on the dining room table that I figured we were in the right place. We headed to the backyard and found our "host", Carl's friend, and some other guys huddled over a fire. I spent the next hour and half with my ass frozen to a metal chair drinking gross beer. (Of course they didn't have any Chardonnay!) Now, there was food at this party, but somehow, the thought of eating hamburgers here just didn't appeal to me. Now before you get the wrong idea, the house was clean and it was nice- considering 3 guys lived there. It's just the average age of the party goers was about 23 - 25, and ya know, there are things you do when you are 25 that when you are 35 (yikes that it scary!) you just don't want to do! We very gracefully said our goodbyes and headed over to The Grotto and had a nice glass of wine (or two!) and a nice meal.

(any typos I blame on the wine!)
 
posted by Kathie Smith at 12:08 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Daelyn Fortney

    I can imagine how you must have felt! LOL Funny what a difference those 10 years make! LOL

     
  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger Unknown

    OH man - 10 years is a huge difference especially in boys (aka men). Glad you ended the evening nicely and with a proper drink.

     
  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Shelly

    Oh Kat! Here I thought you were gonna say Carl had a surprise b-day party for you! LOL I know it is late, but it would have been quite a surprise & a "MAN" for not telling you how you should dress! Glad you were able to escape for some food & good wine!

     
  • At 9:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Oh my goodness! I can only imagine! I am in on that age gap but I do not find it apealing to sit around a campfire and drink beer!Hee,Hee! Glad you ended the night on a better note! =)

     

Post a Comment

~ back home