Sunday Morning Conversation
Folding clothes this morning, my mother comes in and gets one of Carl's dress shirts out of the pile. Since she has been living with us, she has taken over the ironing. Now, that is not on my list of priorities. It's not even on my list of "maybe when I have time I'll do it." More like - "if you absolutely make me, I will iron." I have been known to put wrinkled clothes in the dryer with a damp washcloth instead of ironing. When I waited tables and needed a starched white shirt for my uniform, I would buy new ones instead of ironing.
I digress. Back to this morning. My mother asks me about ironing - why I don't do it. I tell her I hate ironing - she agrees, but still has a look like - so? She asks me who ironed Carl's shirts before she did. I tell her either he ironed himself, or the drycleaners. She asked me - well, don't you think of it as part of your job? I said, in no uncertain terms - Hell No! And she gasped! She was shocked that I would not iron for my husband!
All in all, it was pretty funny!


Funny! I never iron either. I prefer the 'throw back in dryer' method! LOL Heck I have even been known to 'iron' out wrinkles by laying the item flat and pressing a warm towel on the wrinkle. I am sure one would ask - why not just iron then ... it's just such a hassle! LOL!